About National Digital Library
National Digital Library of India (NDLI) is now open to all to enable study at home. It is free of cost study material. In view of the pause put by COVID-19 on the academic life of the students, this step has been taken.
NDLI is a virtual world full of books and resources in digitalised formats. NDLI is easy to use and any resources can be accessed here with a single search option. NDLI is the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) sponsored and is hosted by IIT Kharagpur at ndl.iitkgp.ac.in.
How to use National Digital Library ?
In the National Digital Library of India, one can search and browse other resources apart from accessing the resources curated especially for students in COVID-19 period. Here is how to do so:
- Step 1: First visit the website for NDLI which is ndl.iitkgp.ac.in or here is the direct link – National Digital Library of India.
- Step 2: Now the below window opens with a pop up that says “COVID-19 Lockdown not to affect your study. Study through National Digital Library of India (NDLI)” and there are a few instructions. Read all of them.
- Step 3: Click on the “browse” button as given on the home page of NDLI.
Step 4: One can browse the resources needed using the following filters:
- By Type – By Type includes, searching content that is categorized as text, video, image, audio, presentation, simulation, application, and animation, as shown below, Click on the type needed to access the resources.
- By Subject – By Subject includes, searching content that is refined by subject and its sub levels, as shown in the image below:
- By Source – By Source means from which sources the resources has been curated.
- Learning Resource – By Learning Resource means searching on the basis of type of resource:
Searching Resources in NDLI
On the homepage of NDLI, locate the search bar as shown in the image below. One can also select the language of resource search out of English / Hindi / Bangla.